Monday, October 30, 2006

We the Bloggers


The idea of this blog is to pose as a space where young individuals, known and unknown to us can share with each other the things we most value in life. For some of us it could be studies, work, world peace, health, cricket, marriage, whatever it maybe, we know we value it and we know we want the world to know. The three of us, Radiance, Mizbold and me Hayah will be the regular crazy blogstresses, in other words we moderate and young writers who are friends and family, will be the jist of this blog, the heroes, the force alive and kicking.

For starters, we three wanted to put out a profile of ourselves and of each other, so here goes -


Radiance -
"Radiance" thats me . Talking about myself, I love watching humorous movies, dancing and listening to songs be it nepali, hindi or english. I like all types of music except for heavy metal which I can’t stand even for a minute. These days, sending sms to Kantipur News has been my chore. I find it so cool. As mobile is available to most of the Kathmanduites, this system of sending sms to express your views simply rocks. That’s what I think.

I am a person who believes that living life with perseverance and doing work fairly is cool rather than cheating people and harming others. Life is here for just once, so why hurt and harm anyone. However, if someone is hurting you without you doing anything wrong then hurt him/her back so that that person feels how it feels to be hurt. TIT for TAT. That is a philosophy in my life. Funny right???

My aim in life is to earn a lot of money so that I can travel as many places as I can, inside and outside Nepal. My everyday attempt would be to stay happy and make those around me happy.

My priority in life has been and will always remain my family because I believe that parents are the ones who will be with you all the time in both your ups and downs. I owe my existence to my parents.

I think a lot but I am just too lazy to put them into words.
So this blog I guess will be a platform for me to express my views and ideas and hope that you all will comment on them. Some of my views may be ridiculous but who cares after all every one has a right to express right?? SO with this ALIVE AND KICKIN attitude, I am here to candidly express myself. Enjoy the ride with us and comment on whatever topic you like. ROCK ON dudes!!!


Mizbold-

Mizbold that's me. An emotional fool: a lot of laughter, an occasional burst of anger and an ever blazing fire of ambition that's me. Its dreams I am made of, dreams I live deprived of and dreams I aspire for. A typical South Asian kid you could say, brought up under the imposing shadows of Great Expectations.

Kathmandu is my home, has always been. The ever-noisy crowds on the narrow and wide streets of city, the evening walks under the streetlights, the honking vehicles and the weary pedestrians on the bus stops. That’s the Kathmandu I know. That’s the Kathmandu I love. Just the extension of my life, a walk, a solitary walk that evokes my senses to get a grip of life and spill it on the black and white. Writing and walking, make two acts I am most passionate about.
Hail the Power of Words: I survive on it. So I do my share of wordplay to exist. .

Hayah's an inspiration. A few words with her and that's all I need to Start Living. The Smartest person I know, smartest you will ever get to know.Take your time to figure it out. Radiance, is undoubtedly The Ultimate Brains. Brains that go beyond thinking and Act. No wonder I am the proudest blogger in town! Can life get any better? Here I am collaborating with the Red Hot Generation Next of Women.

Yeah, WE are finally Here Alive and Kickin! Just ready to rock your existence with the power of Words.


Hayah-

Hayah. That’s me. In Arabic it means “life”.

As a person from the youth population, a third culture kid, Sri Lankan, I belong to so many different communities of people that I find myself lost and found time and again. Although I am Sri Lankan, my ancestry arises from South East Asia. I have therefore a mix of identities, but most of all I identify with the fact that I’m Muslim and I’m me.

At present I live in Nepal. Nepal is my haven, my home, my solace for 14 years of life, nurturing me into the person I am today through its own innocence. Nepal is my nest. I shall leave her soon. I shall fly into warm hands and open hearts; these two years will be preparation for a parting.

Life has many many crossroads, and I’ve been through my fair share of them. Being ambitious, I fail and fall miserably. Each time I plan for the long run, I waste my time. So Allah's forced me to live by the day. And I shall and will. For I know that the person I am and the place I'm in will eventually get me to the place I will be in and the person I was born to be. Not forgetting the person with whom I want to be WITH - my soulmate, my husband.

Yes I am married, and for me youth and womanhood have merged into an early and precious rendezvous. And I choose to treasure both.

Alive and Kickin started as an idea, to embark on a mission of possibility. Mizbold and I planned this endeavor months ago, but life takes its own cool time. Mizbold is one of the All Time greatest bloggers and writers of my age and geographical area. I don’t just think so. I know so. I am honored to share this blog with her as an outspoken and passionate expression of youth, womanhood and the world around us.

Radiance is the smartest, brainiest, most intelligent (well she’s smart u know!!) person around. Not only that, she uses her intellect to think better for this world. Brains with a purpose. That’s Radiance. And I’m honored to know her…and share this space with her.

We’re young, just into our twenties. But age is no bar for intellect and age is not just a number. My policy on genius is that the world will give you only so much of knowledge. The rest you need to take from it. Take it, as in grab it, absorb it like a sponge and use it wisely. Knowledge is power and knowledge is pure. The key to world destruction and the secret to saving it.

You know we youth, we are either the least bothered about the world, or are too ambitious in saving it. The mediocre's are rare and prized. Mizbold. Radiance and I are the ambitious kind. Young and on fire.
Therefore for now WE got it all - the fire of youth. The flame of womanhood. The guts to be outspoken. The intellect to be rebels. The heart to be compassionate. And the hope to be human.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! It's great to find three female blogger at a time in a single site while writing about female blogger, right?
I would like to ask few question with all of you so please will you let me know your email?
nepaliblog@gmail.com, this is mine.

November 04, 2006 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Radiance: try heavy metal and keep on rockin' :) !!!

Zarah , walking - thats the next best thing to do besides blogging. i just wish you could walk n blog [ most of the times , my ideas come up while i am taking some mindless walks ]

Hayah, life - so unexplained .

You three have started quite a unique idea about BLOGGING , in fact , it feels good if we could read more .

do keep up your vibes .. and if you could, please make it less political . cos , i've seen much political blogs these days :P . Thats my say .

Regards
ELF

November 05, 2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Avi, Say and Elf for the comments!! We are currently choosing a permanent template, and getting our act together...more entries soon.
Avi and Elf- Our blog as we plan is gonna be a pot pourri of a mixture of things...so there will be crazy, fun, JPT stuff, maybe even personal, and there will be some solid politics as well, coz we three happen to LOVE blogging politics!!! hehehe....

Nyway...stay tuned!!

November 07, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Deepak Adhikari said...

Gr88 to see ya gals here. U guys really rock!

Morning shows the day, they say. It sounds kool. I have a hunch I know at least one of u!

Congrats trio! Do also stop by my world.

November 07, 2006 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home