Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pokhara poetry

Hey all,

Back again in KTM. The Pokhara trip has been a delight. And we are in the process of documenting all the delightful bits and pieces…so do bear patience for good read. I couldn’t help write a poem thou, reminiscence brought back inspiration. Yeah I write poetry sometimes, but I haven’t in a long time….so I might be a little out of touch. Whatever said and done, this is a poem I thought wanted to say what I had to say in limited time and words….so here goes….this one is dedicated to my one and only…..

WITH LOVE FROM POKHARA-

Early morning chill brushes one’s skin,
One longs for warmth a quilt can bring,
But the day outside,
Draws you to,
The quite rising of drops of dew

On mountain ranges blessed with ice,
The slant of light,
caresses gently warmth on white,
And golden fumes vaporize

On lakes as quite and as deep,
As Fewa rising from its sleep,
So vast, so still, so shimmering,
Who knew trouble brew just beneath

Coffee on the table top,
Giggling voices that could not stop,
The warmth of liquid,
Warmth of skin,
Warmth of feeling of belonging

The nights stirred sweet romance,
Gentle lights in song and dance,
Rustic hues and earthly shades,
I longed for you to serenade

Drops of fire, wood and coal,
Voices sang love songs of old,
I missed you most when past twilight,
They sang of departing love on a lonely night

Back again in kathmandu,
Back to busy days and nights so blue,
I had longed for an escapade so true,
So close to nature’s loving hues,

But mostly I long….
Still long….
For You.


Yours truly,
Hayah

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what love is all about, I wonder what is it that makes people live on the verge of sanity I wonder yet long to be one of the insanes myself! hahah LOL too unlike Miz Bold my character, isn't it. but loved the poem Hayah. Its simply Beautiful. And thankfully you didn't have any the sun rays raping the Machhapuchre or the fewa lake stuff here! hahahaha as I was going through the poem I was fearing the word "Rape" here, and when I was done with it .I heaved a huge sigh of relief "THank God no raping" anyone here... :) keep the poems flowin and Lucky he ( The one you love, Lucky his existence to be beautified by yours...)

November 16, 2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks MizB,
Just in case u others were wondering what that was all about. there is a nepali poem about how the first rays of sun touching the ice mountains is as if the ice mountains were raped, (this is in translation). I had just told them that at the trip, goodness gracious me... MizB....provesmy point...such a vulgaric u are!!!
hehe...

November 16, 2006 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooh now look whoz talkin! Btw wasn't it you Hayah Honey who wished me an Radiance for a Happy Combined "Mating" Guys mark the word here when we were only Meeting A guy!!! Aba ta "I met' anyone pani bhanna nahune bhaisakyo...Man, you are turnin me into a total Vulgarian dude. on the trip Radiance was askin me "Have you got the keys" and I heard "You got the Gays!" haha haha oye I need to the Ganges to wash my pap!! kan pura pradushit bhaisake ! God save me from these Vulgarians :)

November 16, 2006 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every person is a poet when is in LOVE. Every person is in LOVE when reaches Pokhara.

Thanks guys for the literature !!! Memories are all set alive.. damn! i miss my hometown.

November 16, 2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home